We've invested £60,000 in the quality of our hire fleet
For 2016 we've invested £60,000 to date in the quality and reliability of our hire fleet to bring customers the best classic car hire fleet in the UK. The extensive investment, which began in October 2015, has seen us restore, improve and respray a large number of our cars ready for the start of the season in March.
Classic hire cars lead a hard life - they typically cover 10,000 to 15,000 miles in an eight month season - and even the best restored examples tend to wilt under that kind of pressure. Despite an intensive repair programme over every winter, we decided to do more and spend more over the winter of 2015/2016 in order to really improve the standard of our cars.
All the work on the cars was completed by our own workshop. Great Escape Cars is the only classic car hire company in the UK with its own dedicated, fully resourced restoration workshop, including four full time mechanics. They have put in over 3,000 hours of work to renovate the list of cars below. The work has included:
- Ford Mustang - full bodywork restoration including respray
- Jaguar Mk2 - full bodywork restoration including respray
- Audi Quattro - accident repairs, body restoration & respray
- Jaguar XJ6 - accident repairs, body restoration & respray
- AC Cobra - gearbox rebuild & new clutch
- MGB GT - full bodywork restoration including respray
- Jensen Interceptor - full bodywork restoration including respray
- Jaguar XJS convertible - accident repairs, bodywork restoration & respray
- MGB convertible - mechanical overhaul
- Ford Capri - brake overhaul
- HMC - clutch replacement and new driveshafts
"The quality of our hire fleet is very important to me," explains Graham Eason of Graet Escape Cars. "I have invested heavily in workshop facilities to enable us to provide industry-leading standards of presentation and reliability.
"We want customers to really enjoy their dream drive and this is one way of delivering it."
For more details on the Great Escape Cars workshop visit www.greatescapecars.co.uk or call 01527 893733.